This is just a quick note that I have updated the spam definitions for SpamFilter.cfc. So, if you are using SpamFilter.cfc and have the second argument of init ("getNewDefs") set to true, simply re-initialize it and you will have the updated definitions.
Since I first released SpamFilter, I have added several new spam definitions to it without needing to touch the actual code. The most recent addition, however, did require me to update the code. Since I did that, I decided to go ahead and make another change to take advantage of new functionality in DataMgr 2.2 (on which SpamFilter 1.1 is dependent).
It turns out that it is pretty easy. I had to add a few lines to Application.cfm and addcomment.cfm. The drawback here is that I will have to repeat this process when I upgrade BlogCFC, but it is pretty painless.
I have been using SpamFilter.cfc to prevent form spam for nine months now with great success (and no user impact). Other than some new spam definitions (including one in this build), I haven't made any changes in a while - no bugs or problems to be fixed.
I just made an update to SpamFilter.cfc and I am releasing it as 1.0 Beta 2. This is a result of some spam that I have gotten on the contact form of my web site despite having SpamFilter.cfc working against that contact form. I really have to thank those spammers for helping me improve the product.