DataMgr 2.5 Beta 2
What a fun weekend! We got to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday, I took my girl to a Christmas party, my kids turned 23 months old, and (more relevant to this blog) I finished the second beta of DataMgr 2.5.
So, what is new in DataMgr 2.5 Beta 2 (since Beta 1)?
- Optional "XmlData" argument to "init" method (calls "loadXml" automatically)
- Filters (and named filters) can now accept CF-style operators (like "GTE" for ">=") as well as SQL-style operators.
- Optional "truncate" argument to automatically truncate data to fit in database while saving data.
- Optional "fieldlist" argument to limit the data that can be changed while saving data.
- New methods to return SQL used internally: getSelectSQL, getFromSQL, getWhereSQL. This is very useful with CF_DMQuery.
- New "applyListRelations" method (take tablename,query) for post-calculation of list relations for getRecords() - also useful with CF_DMQuery
- For tables with a simple (single-field) primary keys, the ability to pass a single value into the "data" argument for getRecords() instead of a structure of values.
- New "isDeletable" calculated field available to "getRecords" determines if each record can be deleted based on "onDelete" property of relation fields.
- Verifications on record deletions now check deletes that DataMgr would cascade prior to deleting record.
- New "ftable" attribute (this deserves its own blog entry).
- Some small MS SQL specific improvements
- A few very minor bug fixes
Feel free to download DataMgr 2.5 Beta 2 (zip) or use the repository for the Bleeding Edge Release. For the latest full release, use the DataMgr RIAForge page. DataMgr is open source and free for any use.