So I released the Alpha of DataMgr 2.5 more than a year ago. This is about as long as I have gone between a release. Why so long? Well, basically I have been neglecting DataMgr a bit to work on other things (more on that in another post). Also because DataMgr has been doing everything I want.
Finally, however, I have the first beta of DataMgr 2.5 ready.
New to DataMgr 2.5 Beta 1 (since Alpha 1):
- Paging (via an "offset" argument in the getRecords method)
- Paging handling in the database: MS SQL 2005 +, MySQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL
- For all others, the query is sliced in ColdFusion
- Major performance improvements for loadXml() (many for all database, some specific to SQL Server)
- Special="UUID": Set the value of the field to a UUID if no value is passed in on an insert.
- Fixed error on ColdFusion 9.0.1
- Better handling of CFML Engine peculiarities
- Improved MS Word cleanup
- Several small fixes
Feel free to download DataMgr 2.5 Beta 1 (zip) or use the repository for the Bleeding Edge Release. For the latest full release, use the DataMgr RIAForge page. DataMgr is open source and free for any use.