Happy Ground Hog's Day! It looks like I have completely stopped releasing open source project lately. Hopefully I can get back on track.
More than a year after releasing DataMgr 2.5 Beta 2, I am finally releasing DataMgr 2.5 Beta 3. So, what took so long? Neglect, basically. I have just been busy with other things.
Even so, I think this is a very good release and should be a close match for the final release of version 2.5.
So, what is new in DataMgr 2.5 Beta 3 (since Beta 2)?
- "hasRecords" method for efficient checking of existence of records matching criteria.
- Ability to migrate fields - moving old data to new field names. Handy for renaming fields or easy migration from many-to-one relationship to a many-to-many one.
- SQL Server: Added support for varchar(max) (and made it the default for LONGVARCHAR).
- Ability to check for table existence.
- Documentation for "ftable" attribute.
- A few bug fixes.
Feel free to download DataMgr 2.5 Beta 3 (zip) or use the repository for the Bleeding Edge Release. For the latest full release, use the DataMgr RIAForge page. DataMgr is open source and free for any use.