Ben Forta is asking for input on his next CFWACK book. The discussion in the comments reminded of the old CFML Reference that I keep with me. It is one of a few books that I always have near my computer when I travel.
- CSS Pocket Reference (outdated, but still handy when I can't remember some bit of syntax)
- ColdFusion Quick Reference Guide to CFML (no longer in print, but still handy to jog my memory a bit)
- Regular Expressions in 10 Minutes (Forta strikes again!)
- SQL Pocket Reference (perhaps the least used of the bunch, but I still like to have it)
- The Elements of Style (I don't write the copy, but it has still been handy)
These books taken together weigh less than a pound and take up less space than your average computer book. They have still managed to be tremendously useful when I am working on the road (especially if I am trying to get some work done with no internet connection).
Anyone else have suggestions for books that they don't leave home without?