This is my first post in what I hope will be a ongoing series. In my discussion with other developers, I have often found that they miss blog posts that I think every ColdFusion programmer should see. The reason seems pretty clear: With so much blog traffic, it takes too much time to read through all of the traffic.
Just to be clear, I am not trying to find the "best" entries, just the ones that I think are essential reading. My guidelines are still pretty rough, but basically the idea is that I am picking blog entries that I think I will want to mention to other developers. Blog entries that discuss topics of general interest to ColdFusion programmers are preferred to those that discuss a specific tool or framework. Naturally, I won't pick any of my own entries.
All of that out of the way, here are my picks for January 1 to January 6:
- Coldfusion Mod Rewrite (Gary Gilbert, January 2)
- Ask a Jedi: Where in the heck is this PATH variable coming from? (Ray Camden, January 2)
- Manipulate the DPI with cfimage? (CF-Talk, January 3)
- cfdump output attrribute, The What, Why and How (Sam Farmer, January 4)
- The Trouble with CF8's .NET Integration (Jim Pickering, January 6)